James P. Doan, Esq.
- Mater Dei High School
- University of San Diego
- San Joaquin College of Law
- Supreme Court of the State of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- State of California Department of Real Estate (Licensed Broker)
(Past & Present)
- St. Thomas More Society
- California State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Max Gardner's Bankruptcy Boot Camp
- Knights of Columbus
- Eagle Scout in Boy Scouts of America
- National Pro-Life Alliance
- Susan B. Anthony List
James P. Doan is a managing partner at Brothers Law Group, LLP (Doan Law Group). James graduated from Mater Dei High School and completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from University of San Diego. In 1993, James was faced with the decision of furthering his Psychology/Psychiatric Studies, or pursuing law school, which was also of interest to him. After much deliberation, James decided that a career in law would encompass the best of both worlds by providing a unique opportunity to practice law and counsel those in need.
During the following three years, James worked as a law clerk for his uncle, Attorney Val J. Dornay, while attending San Joaquin College of Law. In 1996, James graduated from law school with the degree of Juris Doctor, and began working for his father, Gregory J. Doan, and brother, Michael G. Doan, in their Vista, California law office.
It was in Vista that James had a vision of "The Doan Family, California’s Largest Family of Attorneys." As James reminisces, "I had no idea my younger brothers would also go to law school. However, as competitive as we are with each other, if dad and two of the brothers can do it, the others can do it faster and better." After the youngest brother, Jonathan, passed the California State Bar Exam, James vision became a reality. The Doan Family was, and still is, California’s (and perhaps the nation’s) Largest Family of Attorneys.
Today, James is still a driving creative force behind the Doan law practices, and has established a brand for the firm unlike any other. "Where else are you going to find a father-and-five-sons law firm? This in and of itself speaks volumes toward character and credibility. We are extremely blessed to be able to work together. The message on our family crest sums it up.. ‘Omnia mei, dona Dei,’… All that I have, God has given me."
James has been happily married to his wife, Gwendolyn, since 2001, and together they have five children.